How Government in America is Organized

An understanding of how the government is organized is necessary in order to supplant current office holders with META party candidates.

The United States has three main levels of government - Federal, State, Local.

Federal Government has three main branches:

1) Executive Branch
  • President
  • Vice President
  • Cabinet
  • Various Departments
2) Legislative Branch
  • Senate
  • House of Representatives
3) Judicial Branch
  • Supreme Court

State Government has three main branches:

1) Executive Branch
  • Governor
  • Lieutenant Governor
  • Comptroller
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary of State - Serves as Chief Election Officer for the State and certifies candidates to the ballot and certifies election results.
  • State Board of Elections - Formulates and adopts rules and regulations, consistent with law, as will be conducive to the fair, legal, and orderly conduct of primaries and elections.
2) Legislative Branch elected from State Legislative Districts.
  • State Senators
  • State Representatives
3) Judicial Branch

Local Government has many officials:
  • Mayors
  • Board of Commissioners
  • Board of Education
  • Judges and Magistrates
  • County Clerk - Responsible for handling election forms and working closely with election judges.
  • Bureau of Elections - Responsible for conducting General Elections and Primary Elections.

The United States has two election cycles - General and Primary.

General Election - the election in which all voters make the final choice from among the party nominees for a specific office.  General elections are held in November.

Primary Election - the nominating election. Winning the party’s nomination is the first step in the election process. It narrows the field in a political party to one individual for a specific office.  Primary elections take place months prior to the General election. 

A Third Party Can Win

Data: Voter turn out is roughly 40%. 

Hypothesis: A third party can succeed in winning elections.

Thought Experiment: 
Assume there are 25,000 eligible voters in a Congressional District.  A 40% voter turn out rate means 10,000 people show up on election day to pull the lever and to vote.  Candidate A wins by a landslide of 60% over Candidate B. Candidate A received 6,000 votes to Candidate B's 4,000 votes. Further assume that 1,000 votes were not cast in favor of Candidate A, but against Candidate B, otherwise know as protest votes. All tallied 5,000 voters out of 25,000 truly support the elected Candidate A.  In the end 20% of the population voted in Candidate A, the other 80% of votes are up for grabs.

Conclusion: A third party can be structured to win elections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment